We noticed that one of our puppies disappeared...several days later still no sign of her...
Larkin: "Mom, where my Mable go?"
Mom: I don't know.
Larkin: "We need to go find her and get her home! Get your shoes on and we go outside and bring her home!"
Needless to say...she still isn't home, but Larkin was ready for the search and rescue squad!
And...
Larkin helped JD turn on a water tank and there was a mouse nest in it. Once the water rushes in, the mice begin rapid swimming lessons. Larkin came home to tell me all about it...
L: Mom, we saw this mouse in the water tank and it was swimming and swimming, then it opened it's mouth like this!! (shows her mouth gaping open and shut)
When dad is heard or seen after working any amount of time, there is a special song and dance that Larkin has invented..."My daddy! My daddy! I see my daddy!" as we go skipping and dancing around the room and rushing to the door he's about to come in! :)
Allison comes home after a day in the world of Kindergarten...
A: Mom, do you know what my teacher said?
M: "No, what did she say?"
A: She gave me some books to read and I did such a good job that I might be able to go to 1st grade! Is that fine with you?
M: I'm not sure!
A: Well, I don't think it's the best thing because Mrs. Z would really miss me if I wasn't in her class anymore! She really needs me to help, to clean and do so many jobs!!
(Well! Well!...)
One day we missed school to cheer on the rodeo contestants in previous picture...Allison was crying because she was missing school and something special was surely happening there without her. Clayton asks dad what we're doing the next day and the next and we're shipping and preg testing so then HE'S crying because dad won't let him miss school to help out the crew at home. What a tough life we live around here!
I had a report of some bad words that were overheard at school or on the bus and Allison finished the story by saying, "I just told myself, "No way! Don't even listen to that nonsense!" and I slapped my mouth shut right then!"
Then...
We heard some wonderful new baby news and Allison discreetly whispers to dad that so-and-so are going to have a baby!
D: Is that exciting?
A: Well, yeah!! It's the very first baby they've ever had!!
:) (That's how I felt too!)
So...life remains normal, entertaining and always changing perspective from 2 yrs old and beyond! Thank goodness for the imagination!
2 comments:
Thanks for the laughs this morning! Always enjoy checking in on your world!
Stacie
So funny...I love the bad words one!
Post a Comment