This is one potato soup recipe we enjoy...among many! :)
Cheesy-Potato-Bacon Soup
8 slices bacon
3 c. potatoes (diced)
1 c. sour cream
1 ¾ c. milk
1 c. chopped onion (or 2 T. minced onion)
2 c. water
½ t. salt
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 oz. Velveeta cheese
Cut up bacon and onion and cook until onion is transparent and bacon is crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Pour off grease. Boil potatoes in water until tender. Stir in soup and sour cream (mix together before adding). Add cheese and milk, then stir to melt cheese. Add onion and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
4 comments:
Sounds good! However, potato soup makes Royce gag...that's the only food pretty much that he doesn't like. So will have to try it when I'm by myself!
Lisa M. George always said he would not eat potato soup. I made a soup recipe my friend gave me that had potatoes, carrots, milk, onion, and velveta in it. We called it Joan's soup and George always had 2nds. One time my folks were at my house and dad said...pass the potato soup, please. George froze and said....is this potato soup?? He has never felt the same about Joan's soup since...
Thanks for the recipe...I have been wanting to try something new!
I got the stuff, now I just need to make it! Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment